Background image

COVID-19 - Where to go for services and support

Family and friends are an important support in times like this. If, for any reason, you don’t have access to family and friends, you’re not alone.

Here is information about where you can go for services and support, what you can get help with, and contact information during the COVID-19 emergency.

Online shopping services

What can they help you with?

If you are most at risk of COVID-19, according to government’s guidelines, you can apply for Supermarket Priority Assistance Service for online deliveries.

How can you contact them?

Apply for Supermarket Priority Assistance Service for online deliveries

Online ordering is open 7 days per week.

Check the store website for information about click and collect and delivery slots.

The guidelines on who is most at risk are on the COVID-19 website.

Ministry of Social Development (MSD)

If you need financial support, you can contact MSD services:

  • Seniors
  • StudyLink
  • Work and Income Services
  • Youth Services.

What can they help you with?

MSD can help you with financial support for emergencies and ongoing needs.

There is a wide range of information on the Work and Income website.

You can apply for a main benefit online and check your eligibility for food assistance. You can also ask for help by phone for other essential needs, for example emergency housing.

How can you contact them?

Our service centres are open and following public health guidelines at all traffic light settings. You can also contact us by phone and use MyMSD

Click on the MyMSD login button at the top of the home page to apply for food grants, benefits, and support.

0800 552 002 (Seniors 65+)

0800 889 900 (Students)

0800 559 009 (General line) 7am to 6pm

MyMSD 24 hours, 7 days a week

If you are Deaf or hard of hearing, you can contact Work and Income by:

We currently have a lot of requests so there might be a delay in getting back to you, but we will get back to you.

1737, need to talk?

What can they help with?

If you’re feeling anxious, down, overwhelmed or that you need to talk with someone, you can call or text the helpline for free.

How can you contact them?

1737 – free call or text anytime (24 hours, 7 days a week) 0800 1737 1737 – free call

Family Services Directory

The Family Services Directory is the Ministry’s online directory of social service providers that can help you and your family.


What can they help with?

You can call Healthline for health advice and information about a condition or illness. The advice and information is provided by trained healthcare professionals.

How can you contact them?

0800 611 116 Free call 24 hours, 7 days per week

Background image
Print this page.